Sunday, January 1, 2012

New Year, New Post

Hello, true believers.

As those who may have been following might note, I've been very neglectful of my blog "Bob's Life." Well, as part of my New Year's reformations (a little different than resolutions), I'm reviving it and giving it new purpose. Now it will be my outlet for reviews of film, books, television, and any other medium that tells a story I want to examine more closely. The MST3K Project will continue on this site, hopefully more regularly.

The title of the blog comes from the idea that a good story, like a good man, can come from any source: whether film, book, television series, or video game, whether drama, romance, horror, science fiction, fantasy, adventure, or comedy, a good story is a good story. No matter what the content, any story can show beauty and truth, and often times I find the keenest truths and most piercing beauties can be found in the most unlikely of places.

This blog is designed to seek for gold where others see only coal mines, diamonds where others see slate, and silk where others see cobwebs. In short, its a reviewing site that looks for the honest 'goodness' in whatever it explores.

"Omnia autem probate, quod bonem est tenete."
"Examine all things and hold fast to what is good."
-1 Thess. 5:21

No comments:

Post a Comment